Code Wars 2014 Windwardopolis 2 – Java Client Instructions
- Java 1.6 or 1.7 (JRE)
- For IDE, we recommend IntelliJ
We recommend you test the A.I. client and server first.
- For the server, run Windwardopolis2.exe from the server download.
- The client comes with an IntelliJ IPR project file. If you choose to use another IDE, you will need to create the project and add the source files and libraries yourself. They are all included in the ZIP file.
- If it is all set up correctly, the client will be able to connect to the server. If not, check that port 1707 is not blocked by the firewall.
- Once it is up and running, the main file you will want to look at is MyPlayerBrain.java.
- Q: I am getting a log4j message: “WARN No appenders could be found for logger” and/or “WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly”.
- A:Please read this StackOverflow article.