Last Friday started off like any other work day. But by the end of the afternoon, Windward employees were cavorting in fountains, modeling retro clothing and playing with finger puppets — and we have the photos to prove it.
Yes, the 2014 Windward Scavenger Hunt gave employees numerous ways to
humiliate themselves in public have fun away from their desks. We all ran around our town/city/rural area, finding 20 items that had no relationship to work whatsoever. Even three remote employees and their families took part, which made for some interesting submissions. (Really — that’s what Lithuanian mailboxes look like?)
Here’s the list, accompanied by some of our favorite snapshots.
- License plate not from Colorado
- Picture with Spiderman
- Group picture of everyone in your group with at least one dog
- Mail box
- Pay phone
- Pose with a mannequin
- Stop at the bookstore and have each of the group members holding each of the Harry Potter books
- Play in a fountain
- Lie on a map
- Find finger extenders and put them on
- Your team wearing hats
- Someone in group wearing retro clothing (50’s, 60’s 70’s 80’s)
- Person on a cell phone (not in your group)
- Light post (street light)
- Big clock
- A star
- A minion
Lastly, congratulations to “The Purple Team,” aka Windward Management. Not only did Shirley, Dave and Troy get all the items on the list, but they did it in the record time of 32 minutes.
Author: Heidi V. Anderson
Heidi has been writing professionally about computers, technology and the Internet for more than 20 years. She lives in Vermont where she taps her maple trees for syrup and most of the year wishes it was just a little bit warmer out.
Other posts by Heidi V. Anderson