Competitors in the Windward Code Wars, the AI strategy game hackathon where college students go head to head against other top student programmers, have long vied for a chance to win the prestigious championship trophy and some awesome prizes from sponsors.
And now they are competing to win some great cash prizes as well!
Windward Code Wars Cash Prizes
Windward is offering $25 cash prizes in 5 categories:
- Best Over-all Tweet: The criteria for this category will be up to our staff and may include things like the highest number of views or interactions, humor, cleverness, effort in getting others to play, attached image, etc. We will put them up for a straight vote, so who knows what our employees will think is “the best.”
- Most Re-Tweeted Original Tweet: Just like it sounds! Compose an original tweet. The student with the single, most re-tweeted tweet wins. Go to https://analytics.twitter.com/user/(yourhandlehere)/twitter_cards and navigate to the ReTweets tab.
- Best Game-Day Selfie: During the game, take a few of just yourself, your team or maybe all the teams. The best one will be decided by employee votes.
- Best Game-Day Quote: Answer this question in 1-3 sentences: Why should students play Windward’s Code Wars?
- Best Game-Day Picture: Keep your camera ready to capture the high fives, hugs, or victory laps of others. Or capture the tears of anguish from the students around you as your score soars above them.
Tweet Category Rules
All eligible tweets will use #WindwardCodeWars and/or http://codewar.windward.net/. URL shortening services are fair game. The contest starts now (1/25/2016) and runs until the Tuesday after the championship (Tues, 2/9) at midnight.
We’ll feature the winning tweets on our corporate site and corporate Twitter page the week after the championship.
How to Submit Your Entries
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, Friday 2/12. Please include the following in your email:
- Team Name, School
- Category (Best Game-day Selfie, Best Game-day Quote, Best Game-day Picture, Best Tweet, or Most ReTweeted Tweet)
- Attach: image, screenshot of Twitter Analytics, screenshot of Tweet, or just type your quote.
P.S. If you haven’t signed up yet to participate, there’s still time! Head to the Code Wars 2016 registration page now.
Author: Beth Billington
Beth enjoys using her writing and graphic design background for writing easy-to-follow help content. She loves learning – whether at work or at home – and spends her free time hiking, doing landscape photography, playing music, baking and pursuing all kinds of hand crafts.
Other posts by Beth Billington