Code Wars 2014 Windwardopolis 2 – Python Client Instructions
- Python 2.7 (not 3, see below)
- We recommend PyCharm
We recommend you test the A.I. client and server first.
- For the server, run Windwardopolis2.exe from the server download.
- The client does not come with a project file. If you are using PyCharm, open the directory containing the source code directly from the pyCharm UI.
- Note that is you have multiple version of Python installed, you will need to set it to use 2.7.
- If it is all set up correctly, the client will be able to connect to the server. If not, check that port 1707 is not blocked by the firewall.
- Once it is up and running, the main file you will want to look at is myPlayerBrain.py.
The prep notes said Python 3 however we had to stick with Python 2.7. You may see Python 3 in places – that is wrong. The client requires Python 2.7. Sorry about the confusion.