Code Wars 2014 – Windwardopolis 2 Home
Welcome to the booming city of Windwardopolis. The largest high-tech companies all have corporate headquarters here in Windwardopolis. You own a limousine service with one limo (yes it’s a small operation, but a proud one).
These CEOs need to travel to the other corporate headquarters. Your job is to provide them the transportation from one location to the next. And to do so with a smile – no one likes an unhappy driver.
- The Windwardopolis programming guide and game instructions.
- The program (you need the server and only one client AI):
We have a support team working Friday evening (when the contest starts in Asia) to Saturday evening. If you have questions, contact us.
- The FAQ (check here first on questions).
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Call us (all times Mountain Time):
- Friday 9:00pm – 11:00pm at 303-499-2544 x2
- Friday 11:00pm – Saturday 7:30am at 303-499-2544 x1192
- Saturday 7:30am – 7:00pm at 303-499-2544 x2
Writing Your A.I.
You have 8 hours from 10:00am – 6:00pm to write your program. At 6:00pm will be the final for your school. If you are one of the top 2 (or more) finalists you have until 7:00pm to upload your solution to the Windward game server. (All times your local time.)
Proctors – Running the Server
We suggest doing test runs during the day as the teams desire. In our play testing we found 12:00 and 2:30 were good times. And then at 6:00 you run the finals. If you have more than 10 teams, have semi-finals first.
You send us a minimum of the top 2 finishers there (unless you only have 1 team). If you have more than 10 teams playing in your final, you send us an additional finalist for each additional 5 playing in your final. So 11 – 15 finalist, send us the top 3, 16 – 20, send us the top 4.