Welcome to the booming city of Windwardopolis where you will be creating and buying stock in 7 hotel chains in the city. You are a hotel developer & investor making money from the development and growth of the hotel chains.
This is a turn based game where each turn you place a tile on the board to create or grow a hotel chain. You then purchase stock in any of the existing hotel chains, yours or others. And then when a hotel is merged out of business, or when the game ends, you gather your earnings, hopefully including a tidy profit, from the chain.
- The Windwardopolis programming guide and game instructions: Click Here to Download
- The program (you need the server and only one client AI):
- The server code (requires Windows). – (video demonstration)
- The C# client AI. (we strongly recommend ReSharper added to VisualStudio). – (video demonstration)
- Note: There is no C++ client this year.
- The Java (any O/S) client AI. (we strongly recommend IntelliJ as your IDE). – (video demonstration)
- The Python (version 2.7, any O/S) client AI. – (video demonstration)
- Quick video of the board game Acquire (without the 5 special cards).
We have our entire support team working Saturday from 9:00am East Coast time to 7:00pm West Coast time. If you have questions, contact us.
- The FAQ (check here first on questions).
- Email us at email@example.com (this is the only support during European hours)
- Call us: 303-499-2544 x2 (9:00am East coast time – 7:00pm West coast time)
Writing Your A.I.
You have 8 hours from 10:00am – 6:00pm to write your program. At 6:00pm will be the final for your school. If you are one of the top 2 (or more) finalists you have until 7:00pm to email us your solution. (All times your local time.)
Proctors – Running the Server
We suggest doing test runs during the day as the teams’ desire. In our play testing we found 12:00 and 2:30 were good times. And then at 6:00 you run the finals. If you have more than 6 teams, have semi-finals first.