POSITION: Quality Assurance Manager
DEPARTMENT: Software Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Software Development
The QA Manager assures consistent quality of Windward products by developing and enforcing good automated systems for continues testing of the products; validating processes; assessing product requirements and assuring that they are met; managing staff.
Key Responsibilities (The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.)
- Advocating for Windward products continues quality, through overseeing managing and monitoring, all the processes and systems used for continues testing of the products.
- Leading the transition from traditional quality-assurance testing to QA in Agile environment: embedding the testing engineers within the development teams, ongoing testing as part of SDLC and focusing on automation.
- Direct managing the QA engineers, setting objectives, training, scheduling, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Facilitating the communication in development for all software quality aspects; Enforcing policies and procedures to keep quality.
- Taking responsibility for determining Windward products quality requirements and making sure that they are met; Defining performance requirements and constantly monitoring that they are met and kept; Taking responsibility of defining the metrics for quality assurance and constantly monitor and report these metrics. Take initiatives whenever these metrics are not met.
- Assessing product requirements, make sure that they are met and that there is testing plan for each one of these requirements.
- Leading the transition to automation and leveraging operations for creating automated systems for: automatically regression testing the critical areas in the code, automation of deployments and new development content validation.
- Serve as direct contributor, in 40% of the time, to promote quality-assurance tasks.
- 10 years of experience in software quality-assurance, with at least 3 years of experience in leading/managing a QA team.
- Recent (the past 2 years) hands on experience in QA testing and QA automation testing.
- Proven and recent experience in leading QA in an Agile environment.
- Proven experience of DevOps and how QA should operate while collaborating with DevOps.
- Good ability to oversee the big picture of software products, assess product requirement and plan for quality test covering of product requirements.
- Very good analytical skills for finding creative ways for identifying software product defects.
- Strong focus on details and data analyzing.
- Methodological and precise with high capabilities in maintaining and monitoring quality processes.
- Software engineering background is a big plus.
We offer a casual work environment, energetic, ambitious colleagues and the opportunity to work with customers & prospects from all parts of the globe. Benefits include subsidized medical & dental insurance, vision insurance, FSA, HSA, 401K, staff lunches, office concierge, “quota blowout” celebrations and a fun, innovative work environment. For more info: http://windward.net/careers.php
Please send your resume & cover letter to PeopleOps@windward.net — and reference “QA Manager” in the subject line.
Local candidates preferred; No relocation available.