Quality Assurance Engineer
Department: Software Development
Reports To: Director of Software Development
The QA Engineer is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive test plans, developing and performing test cases to verify functionality, data integrity, security, and overall usability. This person will report to the QA Manager and be part of cross-functional Agile development team, to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Serve as the QA person in an Agile development team.
- Participate in team’s stand-ups, planning, retrospective and demo meetings.
- Manual test execution, analysis, writing test case, test coverage planning.
- Develop test automation.
- Work closely with software developers and other technical team members to: assure test coverage, troubleshoot problems, construct effective test case and improve product quality and performance.
- Help with Managing, sizing and scoping the work on software defects.
- Develop supplementary tools for improving the efficiency of product testing.
- Provide support for software products by recreating reported defects, verifying corrective implementation and sign off for releases
- Execute and schedule builds, diagnose and alert of build/test failures
- Develop and maintain processes to support ongoing and continues deliverables.
- Support Release Management.
- Provide technical support to the Support and Sales departments if required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or relevant experience.
- Minimum of two years experience in test automation.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in software testing and creating test scripts.
- Experience in quality assurance standards and practices: developing test plans, regression tests etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to learn new languages, tools, and technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Experience in release and build management activities is preferred
- Experience in performance testing is an advantage.
- Experience with Windows 7, 10 and Server, setting up virtual machines, and IT skills are preferred
- Experience in C#, ANT, MSBuild, TFS, Cucumber, CodedUI or Selenium is a plus
We offer a casual work environment, energetic, ambitious colleagues and the opportunity to work with customers & prospects from all parts of the globe. Benefits include subsidized medical & dental insurance, vision insurance, FSA, HAS, 401K, staff lunches, office concierge, “quota blowout” celebrations and a fun, innovative work environment. For more info: Careers Page
Please send your resume & cover letter to PeopleOps@windward.net — and reference “QA Engineer” in the subject line.
Local candidates preferred; No relocation available.