Windward Releases Version 15
August 11, 2016
Boulder, CO – Windward, the expert in reporting and document generation software, today released Windward Version 15, the newest release of the Windward AutoTag and Windward Engine reporting solution. AutoTag is an add-in for Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint that enables you to design, format and edit reports quickly and easily within a familiar interface.
Version 15 focuses on usability in order to create a top-notch user experience. Along with an overhauled user interface, the data connection process has been simplified, document output has been touched up, and report generation is faster and smoother.
“We spent a lot of time listening to customers and trying to understand how most people use our product, and we’ve taken steps to improve the workflow and make life easier for everyone,” said Adam Jackson, Windward Product Manager. “We anticipate our customers will love the streamlined UX as well as the added functionality.”
Notable new features and improvements include:
- A sleeker interface. Icons have been updated, the ribbon has a new look and feel, and the tools have been re-organized to make them access to them easier.
- A smoother data connection process. The Data Source Connection Editor has been condensed to a single window, making it much quicker for users to connect to their data. Plus, an indicator icon in the ribbon shows whether a data source is connected, disconnected or problematic.
- XPath 2.0 support. By providing XPath 2.0 (also called XQuery) support, Windward adds various capabilities such as inequalities, descending sort, joins and other functions.
- Faster report generation. Windward has done a lot of work under the covers to help AutoTag and the Java, .NET and RESTful Engines run faster and smoother.
- Continued PDF improvements. Windward has upgraded the output Engine to alleviate inconsistencies between templates and PDF output. In addition, the development team is continuing to further refine the output to make it accurate as possible.
For more information or to to download a free, 7-day trial of Windward Version 15, visit Windward’s Trial Downloads Page.
About Windward Studios
Windward delivers powerful document generation and reporting software for enterprise or OEM use. Businesses worldwide create custom reports and documents more quickly with data intelligence made easy. Windward has been delighting technical and non-technical customers since 2004.
Windward Press Contact
KarinAnne Breitlow, Marketing Director
303-499-2544 x 1203