The Windward RESTful Reporting Engine is a set of code libraries for integrating reporting and document generation into both internal and commercial software applications.
The solution is easy to embed, and you can connect the RESTful Reporting Engine to virtually any data source.
Used together, the RESTful Engine and the AutoTag template designer give you free-form report design with a fast and flexible application component.
Embedded RESTful Tools
The RESTful Engine greatly simplifies the process of adding reporting and document generation functionality into your new or existing application. You can integrate the Engine in as little as 14 lines of code.
Who is the Engine for?
- You want user-friendly reporting functionality that makes your customers happy.
- You need to format documents precisely and without restrictions.
- You want to pull data from one or more sources simultaneously.
- You want your end users to have control over document design and remove your developers from the business of template creation and modification.
- You want to lower your development costs and have someone else focus on adding new features to the software.
Catapult: Your Launching Point to Great Reporting
Every copy of the Windward Engine includes Catapult, an all-in-one tutorial, trial guide and launchpad. Catapult helps you get started quickly with integrating the Engine code libraries into your application. See what you can do with Catapult.
System Requirements for the RESTful Engine
The RESTful Engine is a .NET 4.5.1 WCF Web application. It requires
- the WCF Activation component
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or newer (any edition, including Express)
- 4 cores.
- Windows operating system (Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10) or Windows Server (Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 Server 2012, Server 2012 R2 or Server 2016)
Try Windward Now!
Get your hands on one of the most advanced and powerful reporting engines on the market.