Below is the list of Windward’s fully supported data source connections:
- IBM DB2
- Microsoft SQL Server
- MS Dynamics via OData
- Sharepoint via OData
- Any type of SQL database (using ADO.NET, JDBC, ODBC, OleDB, etc.)
- Access (ODBC) (Not officially Supported)
- Excel Spreadsheets (Not officially Supported)
Don’t see your data source on this list? Don’t worry, it doesn’t mean we don’t necessarily connect to it. Feel free to drop us a line here and ask if your specific data source is compatible with Windward’s Solution.
2. What are the system requirements for the .NET, Java, and RESTful Engines?
Requirements for the .NET Engine:
- Any version of Windows that can run .NET 4.5.1 works as the operating system. This includes
- Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10)
- Windows Server (2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2)
- No webserver required.
Requirements for the Java Engine:
- Java 1.7 or higher.
- If you are running Java on a Unix system, all fonts used in the templates must be properly purchased and installed for a Unix system.
Requirements for the RESTful Engine:
- Windows operating system (Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Windows Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Server 2012R2, Server 2016)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- The “.NET Framework 4.5.1 Features” with all sub-components
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or newer (any edition, including Express)
- 4 or more cores
3. What are the system requirements for AutoTag Template Designer?
AutoTag must run on Microsoft Office installed in a Windows environment (Windows VM’s are supported). It also requires Office 2007 or higher.
AutoTag also requires the following:
4. What output types does Windward support?
- Straight to Printer
5. What programming languages can Windward work with?
Because Windward’s engines can come in either .NET, Java, or RESTful options, Windward’s solution can be used and embedded in just about any programming language there is. Below we’ve listed their corresponding engines.
- Java Engine: Java
- .NET Engine: C#, VB.NET, C++
- RESTful Engine: Any other language
6. Does the Windward Solution require that I put Microsoft Office on my server?
Nope. You do not need to put Microsoft Office on your server.
7. How does Windward work within my security setup?
Windward easily integrates with your existing security structure, allowing for ease of integration and maintenance. You can start working with the product without any additional security setup.
Windward works with your data structure connectivity in much the same way that we work with our file connectivity: we allow you to utilize the existing underlying data security structure you already have in place.
Of course, if more security is required, we have you covered there too! For more information on the advanced ways in which Windward can work within your security layers, you can visit our blog post on the subject here: http://www.windward.net/blogs/windward-solutions-a-conversation-about-your-data-security/
8. Which product trial should I download first?
That depends on exactly what you’d like to test first:
If you want to make your report and template creation process faster, need to make better looking reports, or want to get your programmers out of the design process, then you’ll want to see the power of our Template Design tool AutoTag.
If you’re a developer or systems integrator who needs to integrate a reporting or document generation component into a backend process or software product you’re developing, and want to make sure the Windward Solution is as powerful, and easily integrated, as we say it is, then you’ll want to try out one of our Engines (that also come with a trial of AutoTag.)
Have another question that isn’t included here? No problem, simply contact us and one of our friendly reporting experts will answer your question as soon as possible. Want to get started using the Windward Solution? Download one of our free trials and experience the ease and performance Windward can offer!