AutoTag Release Notes for Version 15
Empty entries are listed when there were no changes to AutoTag specifically, but it was rebuilt with new Engine assemblies.
- 4058/22300 – Conditional Formatting Cells in Excel Being Ignored on Output
- 4092/22373 – Chart Tag output to DOCX is ok; PDF and HTML missing lines/labels
- 4125/22401 – Footer displays off the page on PDF output
- 4135/22418 – Output via Engine – JSON not evaluating in tags in AutoTag Excel only
- 4170/22509 – How to make the Tag Properties Tab in the Tag Tree Pane visible again after closing it
- 4193/22515 – some Arial characters print as Wingdings
- 3915/22034 – Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
- 3981/22162 – AutoTag: Chart Output doesn’t match (PDF and DOCX) – labels overlap
- 3982/22170 – AutoTag: Cannot Create .docx Output Report due to Chart Error
- 3985/22190 – PPTX – FE tables generate correctly on some pages, not others
- 4129/22411 – Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object (2)
- 4130/22412 – Receive multiple “Can not save AutoTag profile…” errors in Excel
- 4141/22435 – Excel does not prompt to save the current document when AutoTag is installed
- 4161 – Inconsistent data values in chart axis
- 4168/22482 – Excel total in PDF output is 3x greater than XLSX output
- 4169/22483 – Date formatting incorrect in both XLSX and PDF
- 4171/22327 – Windward’s ROUND() doesn’t match Excel’s ROUND()
- 2016/16922 – Z-Index not followed
- 4009/22210 – HTML output ignores carriage return
- 4011/22239 – HTML output ignores indention
- 4012/22241 – HTML output ignores carriage returns that are indented
- 4014/22243 – HTML output ignores underscores
- 4018/22229 – Reopened – PPTX Charts do not keep variable changes made in Chart Editor
- 4035/22276 – Tag Editor for chart data is unusable – does not show all Property fields
- 4054/22296 – JSON doesn’t return an empty value on an out of bounds array index and fixes issues with out of bounds index throwing exception in json
- 4061/22346 – Regression from 188.8.131.52: Index was outside the bounds of the array
- 4073/22355 – JSON Wizard when selecting forEach varname.node as root, can’t filter on node
- 4074/22354 – JSON Wizard selecting forEach variable as root and applying filter as subnode, does not evaluate
- 4075/22353 – JSON Wizard filtering nodes that don’t exist
- 4076/22352 – JSON path not able to work with subnode paths when referenced via a forEach variable.
- 4093/22369 – Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
- 4102/22376 – Apostrophes not being displayed
- 3751 – HELPDESK #21821 – AutoTag: Excel side-by-side ForEach rows throwing error
- 3957 – HELPDESK #22111 – DOCX output not displaying Out Tags correctly
- 3994 – HELPDESK #22214 – Data Source Exception
- 4006 – HELPDESK #22216 – (3 of 11 issues) After adding new POD, dragging new POD to template, is not referencing the new POD created
- 4008 – HD#22230 – JSON Datasource connector username and password box don’t update
- 4013 – HD#22155 – PPTX – set table size is not carried through to Output
- 4017 – HD# 22207 – Excel Page settings not carried over to Output
- 4018 – HD#22229 – PPTX Charts do not keep variable changes made in Chart Editor
- 4019 – Excel Output does not display dates correctly
- 3250 – Incorrect Column Formatting
- 3999 – (8 of 11 issues) Text not bolded on output
- 3978 – HD #22163 – POD Bin does not open on start up for existing templates
- 3961 – Charts are too small
- 4034 – HD #22275 – Text appearing as bold on output when it shouldn’t
- 4021 – HD# 22237 – AutoTag – SF data connector needs TLS update
- 4046 – HD#22307 Tables in PDF and HTML output appear black instead of clear
- 4022 – HELPDESK #22102: Excel does not evaluate Out tag conditional formatting
- 4047 – HD#22308 Images, shapes, and text not ordered correctly in layers in PDF and HTML Output.
- 4035 – HD#22276 – Tag Editor for chart data is unusable – does not show all Property fields
- 4015 – HD #22178 – Fields in XML Connection Editor too small
- 3992 – HD#22175 – PDF output not showing text by checkboxes
- 3979 – AutoTag: PPTX warns, then removes content
- 3623 – Autotag removes superscript formating from Excel cells
- 4002 – No credentials fields for JSON data sources in Connection Editor
- 3912 – PDF keep with next wrong
- 4015 – Fields in XML Connection Editor too smallIgnore select error
- 4020 – AutoTag-mssql database: when I create an if tag using the wizard, the SQL query is not being retained
- 3509, 3723, 2323, 3715 – To read a file (import tag or file based datasource) or access a web based datasource (OData, JSON, &XML) the underlying code is now an access provider that handles the low-level reading of the data.
- 3298 – Improved image button responsiveness
- 3746 – fixes word crash on databin preview.
- 3765 – AutoTag was creating a log file in the Office application folder which some security settings do not allow writing to. Changed it to use th Document folder.
- 3831, 3832, 3833 – new access providers were prompting for credentials when none were needed.
- Was not reading username/password from templates saved the old way for OData, XML, &JSON data. Fixed.
- XML &JSON now handle connection strings that are just a filename or url
- 3761 – Function editor was putting quotes around parameters passed to macro even if what was passed was another macro – SUM(‘DATA(‘…’)’) instead of SUM(DATA(‘…’))
- 3895 – Was failing to read OData metadata. Fixed.
- 3897 – Handle PreserveWhitespace as a connection string property for XPath (1.0 &2.0)
- 3536 – Corrected spelling of therefor to therefore
- 3418 – was showing a “parser error” in the tag tree properties window for an evaluate select. Fixed.
- 3794 – Word could lock up after a bad select in the wizard. Fixed. It was adding an explicit AccessProvider when a datasource connection string did not have one. Reverted to leaving it unspecified.
- 3893 – In Excel in the tag editor, when moving to the next/prev tag, if the tag on was not edited, it did not recalculate the forEach tags it might be in. Fixed.
- 3794 – Did 2 more things to try and kill the worker thread properly.
- The ribbon control to set the type for an out tag did not work correctly for PDF or TXT. Fixed.
- 3958 – do not default to mode evaulate for data tree click on out tag
- 2565 – fix weird exception for word ml template with a docx.
- 3176 – AutoTag was creating a log file in the Office application folder which some security settings do not allow writing to. Changed it to use th Document folder.
- POD bin now only shows PODs created in the same Office app. So a POD that’s for Excel won’t show under Word.
- 2897 – Automatically sets the metadata selects for DB2 server types LUW (LinuxUnixWindows) vs iSeries
- 3653 – Added an OData connection debugger (uses the odata.org website).
- 3462 – More informative error messages in salesforce wizard
- 1388 – update button in connection editor now reloads metadata
- 3299 – New tool tips for all buttons in the connection editor
- Improved status messages in the connection editor
- 3318, 3321 – improvements to connection editor initial state and tab change state
- 2201 – Adds the ability to set character encoding of json datasources.
- 3298 – Improved image button responsiveness
- 3661 – A Word POD in a file never saved would not save correctly – fixed.
- 3661 – An Excel POD was saved as a hidden worksheet. Now saved unhidden.
- 21430 (3614) – exception connecting to odata v4
- 3455 – Connection editor controls disabled when apropriate.
- 3380 – SetTag variable scoping now works the same as in the engine
- 3214 – newly created input parameter automatic names will be unique from foreach tag var names being used.
- 3214 – update tag prompt will no longer show for newly created variables
- 3216 – update tags prompt will not show when there are no tags in the template.
- 2616 – Stored procedures should not be displayed in the data bin
- 21620 – The type= properties you could set in the out & import tag included all settings including those only for 1 template type. Now restricts it to the template type settings allowed.
- 21620 – It allowed adding the bookmark tag in Excel & PowerPoint templaates even though that is a feature of just Word. Changed to not show it in Excel & PowerPoint.
- 3563 – If an import tag needs to use it’s default url, does so in preview now in AutoTag.
- 3573 – POD bin now automatically displays after loading pods.
- Added custom dialog for editing import tag connection string properties to the tag editor properties.
- 3564 – Would throw an exception using GenerateCode with a Saxon datasource. Fixed.
- Improved using Office to create PDF output.
- (3067) equation editor does not require quotes for string vals, (2606) select variables for odata.
- 3442 – TagBuilder sometimes threw an exception on next/prev tag.
- 21454 – If an import tag cannot download the requested file, tries to use the default url.
- 3562 – Office sometimes would hang for 30 seconds when starting (due to a Windows API issue with accessing a closed window). Fixed.
- All Word templates updated to Word 2016, version 15 clean run.
- (2605) Select type input parameters now work with json datasource.
- 21227(3454) json preview not working.
- 21400(3498) Fixes possible null pointer exception building json metadata.
- (3435,2605,3308,3071,3070) Improved Query Editor and Query Wizard experience for JSON data sources.
- 21286 – If a datasource has no database (can happen with ODBC & Ole-DB), then it would throw an exception on some actions in the datasource connector. Fixed.
- 21097 – Form checkboxes in PDF output displayed a circle when unchecked. Fixed.
- 21035(3306) Line in chart not appearing on pdf output
- 21236(3415)Datasource Connector retrieves XML data, but returns error when trying to Add it as data source
- 20822(3033) Fixes exception when using “select tag” button in powerpoint
- 21223, 21269 – The engine was not properly carrying over listIndex settings from paragraph styles on imported DOCX templates. It also had some small problems with listIndexOverides & partially populated listLevels (can only happen with RTF files converted to DOCX). All fixed.
- Improved xpath 2.0 support.
- Json enhancements for metadata.
- 21163 – It was not offering the Sql Schema datasource. Added back in.
- 3248 – If a template had a connection to DB2 and the version of the connector installed had changed, would not switch to the new connector if the old version classname did not have a version numbe rin it. Now handles this.
- 3249 – If using version 11 of the DB2 ADO.NET connector, it would not populate the databases for a server (because version 11 eliminated the method to get this). For version 11 it will now populate databases if the server is local. There is no way now to do this for remote servers.
- 3245 – Updates datasource, var, & parameter name changes across all tags in Word documents. Across all worksheets (but not header/footer yet) for Excel workbooks. Find/replace, the tag tree, the data count, and the validator also go across all the same tags.
- HelpDesk#21101 (3396) Issues using Advanced connection interface
- Minor UI enhancements.
- 3237 Test button still saves new dsinfo to template in some cases fixed
- 2472 – Was not checking select variables when running to verify that a valid value was entered. Fixed.
- (3229)Connection credentials remain in datasource category after connection fixed
- 2218 – double clicking on a tag to bring up the tag editor, then on exit double clicking on another tag would bring the first tag up again (bug in Word). Now switches to the 2nd tag.
- 20743 – If you select a chart tag (held as a chart object) AND its plot area, then go to change the data selects, if the chart was absolutely positioned, it was moved to the upper left of the page. Fixed.
- (3268) will no longer prompt to edit connection when document is in protected mode
- 3270 – Was not showing chart tags in the tag tree. (WOuld show them if there was just 1 chart and it was the second shape in the document.) Fixed.
- Connection editor improvements.
- More informative message in About box if Scout license disallows AutoTag.
- AutoTag threw an exception after an unnamed datasource had a name automatically applied to it. Fixed.
- RTF and WordML templates are not supported.
- WordML output reports are not supported. However, RTF output reports are still supported.
- Improved UX
- New icons and Ribbon updates
- Datasource connection status icons
- Improved Datasource Connector
- Tag Editor
- New Query Tab with typeahead and keyword color coding
- Generate Code – with additional RESTful samples
- SQL Select Debugger – new Stored Procedure Wizard
- Preview Data from Data tree
- Auto-update tags on renaming a datasource
- Auto update tags on variable renaming
- Added new datasource support for XPath 2.0.