AutoTag Release Notes for Version 15
Empty entries are listed when there were no changes to AutoTag specifically, but it was rebuilt with new Engine assemblies.
- POD bin now only shows PODs created in the same Office app. So a POD that’s for Excel won’t show under Word.
- 2897 – Automatically sets the metadata selects for DB2 server types LUW (LinuxUnixWindows) vs iSeries
- 3653 – Added an OData connection debugger (uses the odata.org website).
- 3462 – More informative error messages in salesforce wizard
- 1388 – update button in connection editor now reloads metadata
- 3299 – New tool tips for all buttons in the connection editor
- Improved status messages in the connection editor
- 3318, 3321 – improvements to connection editor initial state and tab change state
- 2201 – Adds the ability to set character encoding of json datasources.
- 3298 – Improved image button responsiveness
- 3661 – A Word POD in a file never saved would not save correctly – fixed.
- 3661 – An Excel POD was saved as a hidden worksheet. Now saved unhidden.
- 21430 (3614) – exception connecting to odata v4
- 3455 – Connection editor controls disabled when apropriate.
- 3380 – SetTag variable scoping now works the same as in the engine
- 3214 – newly created input parameter automatic names will be unique from foreach tag var names being used.
- 3214 – update tag prompt will no longer show for newly created variables
- 3216 – update tags prompt will not show when there are no tags in the template.
- 2616 – Stored procedures should not be displayed in the data bin
- 21620 – The type= properties you could set in the out & import tag included all settings including those only for 1 template type. Now restricts it to the template type settings allowed.
- 21620 – It allowed adding the bookmark tag in Excel & PowerPoint templaates even though that is a feature of just Word. Changed to not show it in Excel & PowerPoint.
- 3563 – If an import tag needs to use it’s default url, does so in preview now in AutoTag.
- 3573 – POD bin now automatically displays after loading pods.
- Added custom dialog for editing import tag connection string properties to the tag editor properties.
- 3564 – Would throw an exception using GenerateCode with a Saxon datasource. Fixed.
- Improved using Office to create PDF output.
- (3067) equation editor does not require quotes for string vals, (2606) select variables for odata.
- 3442 – TagBuilder sometimes threw an exception on next/prev tag.
- 21454 – If an import tag cannot download the requested file, tries to use the default url.
- 3562 – Office sometimes would hang for 30 seconds when starting (due to a Windows API issue with accessing a closed window). Fixed.
- All Word templates updated to Word 2016, version 15 clean run.
- (2605) Select type input parameters now work with json datasource.
- 21227(3454) json preview not working.
- 21400(3498) Fixes possible null pointer exception building json metadata.
- (3435,2605,3308,3071,3070) Improved Query Editor and Query Wizard experience for JSON data sources.
- 21286 – If a datasource has no database (can happen with ODBC & Ole-DB), then it would throw an exception on some actions in the datasource connector. Fixed.
- 21097 – Form checkboxes in PDF output displayed a circle when unchecked. Fixed.
- 21035(3306) Line in chart not appearing on pdf output
- 21236(3415)Datasource Connector retrieves XML data, but returns error when trying to Add it as data source
- 20822(3033) Fixes exception when using “select tag” button in powerpoint
- 21223, 21269 – The engine was not properly carrying over listIndex settings from paragraph styles on imported DOCX templates. It also had some small problems with listIndexOverides & partially populated listLevels (can only happen with RTF files converted to DOCX). All fixed.
- Improved xpath 2.0 support.
- Json enhancements for metadata.
- 21163 – It was not offering the Sql Schema datasource. Added back in.
- 3248 – If a template had a connection to DB2 and the version of the connector installed had changed, would not switch to the new connector if the old version classname did not have a version numbe rin it. Now handles this.
- 3249 – If using version 11 of the DB2 ADO.NET connector, it would not populate the databases for a server (because version 11 eliminated the method to get this). For version 11 it will now populate databases if the server is local. There is no way now to do this for remote servers.
- 3245 – Updates datasource, var, & parameter name changes across all tags in Word documents. Across all worksheets (but not header/footer yet) for Excel workbooks. Find/replace, the tag tree, the data count, and the validator also go across all the same tags.
- HelpDesk#21101 (3396) Issues using Advanced connection interface
- Minor UI enhancements.
- 3237 Test button still saves new dsinfo to template in some cases fixed
- 2472 – Was not checking select variables when running to verify that a valid value was entered. Fixed.
- (3229)Connection credentials remain in datasource category after connection fixed
- 2218 – double clicking on a tag to bring up the tag editor, then on exit double clicking on another tag would bring the first tag up again (bug in Word). Now switches to the 2nd tag.
- 20743 – If you select a chart tag (held as a chart object) AND its plot area, then go to change the data selects, if the chart was absolutely positioned, it was moved to the upper left of the page. Fixed.
- (3268) will no longer prompt to edit connection when document is in protected mode
- 3270 – Was not showing chart tags in the tag tree. (WOuld show them if there was just 1 chart and it was the second shape in the document.) Fixed.
- Connection editor improvements.
- More informative message in About box if Scout license disallows AutoTag.
- AutoTag threw an exception after an unnamed datasource had a name automatically applied to it. Fixed.
- RTF and WordML templates are not supported.
- WordML output reports are not supported. However, RTF output reports are still supported.
- Improved UX
- New icons and Ribbon updates
- Datasource connection status icons
- Improved Datasource Connector
- Tag Editor
- New Query Tab with typeahead and keyword color coding
- Generate Code – with additional RESTful samples
- SQL Select Debugger – new Stored Procedure Wizard
- Preview Data from Data tree
- Auto-update tags on renaming a datasource
- Auto update tags on variable renaming
- Added new datasource support for XPath 2.0.