Have questions about how you may use our products? Feel free to contact our sales department or read the licensing guidelines below.
- You must have a separate license for each system on which you execute Windward code. A system is defined as a single virtual machine if running on a VM. If running directly on a computer, it is the computer itself.
- You do not need a client license for machines used solely to view generated reports; just for the system used to create reports/documents (generally a central server.)
- Each license is valid for applications running under the credentials of a single user. If you run Windward on a single VM under multiple user credentials (i.e. on a Citrix server), a separate license is required for each user running an application calling the code.
- The “Standard Server License” is not a license to install on an unlimited number of machines. A single license for a Standard Server allows it to be run on one system – see (a) above - only.
- A server license has a maximum number of “cores.” This is the total number of cores the Software “sees,” therefore a dual core processor is two cores & hyper-threading (if turned on) counts as multiple cores because each hyper-thread is a distinct core as seen by the software. A server license also has a maximum number of threads, which is only used if the host machine has more cores than the maximum number of licensed cores. In the case of more cores than the core limit, the license will allow only the maximum number of threads generating reports simultaneously – across all virtual machines on the system. Not sure how many cores you have? Click here to find out.
- The Developer System License is for single user development purposes only. It may not be used as a production or end user system. The Developer License allows a single report to be concurrently generated, for a maximum of 250 reports per day, and on a two core system only.
- The Limited Volume Server is restricted to one JVM/CLR per license. (The scenario of running the limited volume server in several JVM/CLRs with each JVM/CLR producing 250 reports/day is unauthorized usage.) The Limited Server runs on a maximum of two cores and allows for no custom data sources and no beans. There is no limit to the number of JVMs for the Standard Server.
- A DCL (Distributed Client License) includes a personal use engine (not for server use) & an AutoTag; with a limit of 100 reports per day, generating a single report at a time.
- AutoTag licenses are licensed for a maximum of four Cores.
- A one year Annual Maintenance contract is mandatory for every new customer purchase.
- You must purchase Maintenance for either all licenses or none.
- The standard Windward Server License is for internal, enterprise use only. Application Service Providers and Independent Software Vendors are licensed separately.